We provide opportunities for all seekers to discover and learn a variety of practices to promote vibrant spirituality.
By 2022, Center for Spiritual Wisdom will be known as the resource for holistic spiritual growth in Western North Carolina, connecting self, community and world.
We are committed to providing opportunities to discover and learn a variety of spiritual practices for all seekers.
We will develop our organization and build a base of financial sustainability and a core constituency of people who turn to the center for their spiritual needs.
Participants will experience the joy of a deeper and more enriched life through our experiential approach, open to the wisdom of the great spiritual traditions.
Need copy here
- The Center’s offerings will promote compassionate action and transformative growth in relationship to God, neighbor, self, creation, and cosmos through the integration of practice, learning, engagement and reflection. The Center will emphasize experiential learning through spiritual practices, real-world engagement, peer teaching and other learning methods.
- The Center will be rooted in the Perennial Tradition* as expressed in the contemplative and progressive dimensions of Christianity. It will be intentionally ecumenical and open to the wisdom** of various faith traditions. The Center’s leaders and teachers will reflect these qualities.
- The Center will strive to integrate the active and contemplative dimensions of life: soul work and justice work, science and spirituality, faith and reason, individual needs and the public good.
- The leaders of the Center will function as a circle of trust and promote an ethic of caring companionship in their collaborations.
- In the work of the Center, spiritual practices will be defined broadly to include traditional disciplines such as lectio divina and contemplative prayer, personal learning tools such as the Enneagram, and contemporary approaches such as social justice engagement, eco-spirituality and sustainable agriculture.
- The Center will offer multiple learning opportunities: one-day workshops, multi-day retreats, ongoing spiritual practice groups and multi-week courses of study. The offerings of the Center will be held in a variety of settings, including colleges, churches, conference centers, etc.
- The Center will be based in Brevard, N.C. and serve all geographical areas within a half day’s drive of Brevard: western N.C., upper S.C., central N.C., eastern TN, northern GA and southern VA. After a time, the Center may offer Internet-based learning opportunities at a distance.
- The Center will be funded initially by individual donors and grants. Following its start-up period, the Center will be sustained financially by revenue generated from its offerings, annual fund-raisers and other sources.
THE CENTER’S PROGRAM OFFERINGS
NEED A BLURB THAT INTRODUCES THE PROGRAMS. SOMETHING TO MOTIVATE VIEWER TO CLICK ON THE BUTTON